Sunday, April 5, 2020

re-edit blog

Today is Sunday, April 5th, 2020. I've still be trying to figure out things with Canvas and online schooling. This is all weird to me due to the fact that I have never been through this, and I know no one had either. Although Cambridge unfortunately canceled all exams, I still am going to write blogs just in case. Outside feels like a ghost town, especially with stores being empty and restaurants, bars, etcetera, being closed for at least a month. Well anyways, lets talk about my reediting blog. So first of all, I had to change my song in the video. I used a random song that I thought fit the video perfectly, that being "love in the sky" by the Weeknd. Since you can't use actual songs without permission, which sucks cause I, again, really wanted to use that song, went on YouTube and looked up free music. I spent about 20 minutes, give or take, going through the different songs trying to find the right one and I found a sound called "Horizons," by Scott Buckley. It was okay, but nothing compared to the song I wanted to use. In fact, I actually tried to do research about how to contact artists and whatnot but never found out how to. I tried to Direct Message the Weeknd on Instagram, hoping for a response. It's been over a month since I've done that and the message hasn't even been seen. I asked if I could use one of his songs, naming that song as well, in a school project and nothing. I guess that is to be expected. So how I took the audio and switched it was by selecting "detach audio" and replacing it with the new song. It was essay and it only took me like 5 minutes. The next blog is going to probably be about filming again. What is gonna be different is that I am going to go into depth about it more, unlike my last 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment