Friday, January 17, 2020

Final project blog: pitch

Today is January 17th, 2020. Last blog, I talked about pitches and ideas I had for them. Out of three I chose, the two topics I have to consider are fishing and haunted pitches. The reason I excluded the robbery one was because it seemed too vague for a high school film. Moreover, fishing would be a unique one because if i had to guess, not many people do this type of film. On the other hand, a haunting film may not be unique but would be fun to do so. I am excited to do this film because, again, I am doing this project by myself instead of doing it with Alexis and Kaylyn. This filming will most likely be at my house.

Now lets talk about the pros and cons of each pitch. "The brisk morning of the mysterious suit that changed everything.." Lets talk about the pros first. Pro one: I could very well be the first person to do such a project. That is a good thing because it creates a unique film and allows it to be more interesting. Pro two: It is a very easy project for me because I fish all the time. It being easy allows me to take less time to plan for it and film and gives me more time to edit. Con one: Since the video camera is not water proof, I am at risk with damaging the camera. This is bad because the cameras a very expensive, that being around $500. Con two: I am only filming with one person and It will be hard to hold the camera.

On to the second pitch. "The haunted night of a cold winter day." Lets talk about the pros first. Pro one: It will be fun to do and It's also easy. Although easy my not be the best way all the time, it takes pressure off me since I am working by myself. Pro two: I live my a graveyard so location can be easy to find. Maybe filming in a graveyard seems creepy, but i guess that's what a horror film is suppose to be. Con one: Lighting. Typically in horror films, It's dark which gives it a scary mood but I would need light to see myself. Con two: Filming a horror in a graveyard is not the best of ideas. A graveyard is a land of people who are resting in peace and filming this for entertainment. 

My final choice is going to be Fishing because I have lighting, It's easy, and It's unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment