Sunday, November 3, 2019

filming blog 10/24/2019

Today is November 3rd, 2019. My partner and I filmed our commercial about Nike on October 24th. The reason for the late upload is because i wrote a blog about this and it got deleted. Moving forward, the first thing we did was we got our supplies to film. Alexis and i got the camera numbered 15 and signed a paper to use it. Ms. Katz then went over what we had to do before we went outside to film. The first thing Alexis and i did was go to Couch Dunbar to get a football. That day, i wore my Zach Ertz jersey to school for the commercial and Alexis brought his cleats and his vikings shirt. The main goal was to create the NFC championship game, where the Eagles took on the Vikings at a home game, in which the final score was a blowout win 38-7 by eagles who went to go win the Superbowl that year in 2017.

The first thing we did was we practiced what we were going to do before filming. Since i was going to be the star of the film, Alexis had to play 3 roles: Play quarterback, cornerback, and film me. The first part of the film we did was film me walking towards the film and turn my back as if i was lining up to run a route. To add on, we were specifically go off of our storyboard. Therefore, our second part was filming the shoes. This was the part i filmed. Going on to the 3rd part of the film, it was was were i was going to put on the shoes. This part we decided to do a time lapse, since it would be boring for me to put on the shoes in a 20 second clip. Before moving on the next part, since i never have worn cleats, i practice running routes in them. It took us a while, about 15 minutes give or take to come up with our golden route. Finally is was decided where is was going to be, which where our 4th part of the film comes in
\
The 4th part was the hardest out of the 6. This is where Alexis plays quarterback, cornerback, and film me running. it took us awhile to film this but we got it down on the 4th try. This plan was simple. Alexis would run and i would run out of frame while he threw me the ball. Then, he comes into the next frame as him playing cornerback and i run out of frame once more. Finally, this is where the 4th part transitions into the 5th part where i catch the ball. This frame included me to do the "toe drag" where he played quarterback while filming me again. Last but not least, the part where it took us the most tries was the 6th. This is where the frame goes to my shoes as you see me "toe drag." This took us a whole 8 tries but we nailed it with the hammer the last time. After the shoes are shown, i spike the ball and the commercial ends. Alexis and I now have to edit the film for next class.

No comments:

Post a Comment