Thursday, March 12, 2020

Editing Blog: Scenes 6-10

Today is March 12th, 2020. I will be talking about my editing process with scenes 6-10. Before I began these slides, that being the day after I bought my computer, I touched up on some of my previous work that I did the day before. Also, I ran though more tutorials on how to properly use Pinnacle Studios 23. I got an understanding of how to use it the first time but this time I began to really get how to use the software. My 6th scene was when I walked outside. I edited this scene to look as if there are multiple cameras filming me. This scene had a lot of errors because I had to match it perfectly. The 7th scene was about we getting my kayak and putting it into the water. I edited the scene to become an action shot. It showed me walking with the kayak towards the camera as I transitioned it into walking away. My 8th scene was about putting my stuff in my kayak. In this scene, I included cuts within the film instead of watching me struggle putting the stuff in the kayak. I deleted scene 9 because it was hard to blend into the film. Instead of only have 9, I changed scene 10 into 9 and created a completely different one. Scene 9 was about me kayaking and catching the briefcase. On the 10th, It was about me opening the brief case. Both of these scenes, I included cuts so I could make the film shorter than it is suppose to be. After editing, the film went from 19 minutes to 2:40 minutes. After even further editing, I got it down to 1:58.

No comments:

Post a Comment